I decided to mix breakfast up a bit today, mainly because I’m sure you’re all bored of hearing about my muesli and strawberries! Strawberries did feature, but so did raspberries, blueberries and mango. I put them all together to make a huge fruit salad.
I topped this with loads of fat-free natural yoghurt. The mango and the yoghurt made such a nice change! I normally have a carb-heavy breakfast though, so I’m not sure how long this will keep me full for. But as usual I have a stash of snacks in my desk draw to keep me going throughout the day.
As you might have noticed, I’m a huge snacker. I always have at least two snacks a day, but usually it’s more like four or five. I’m definitely the kind of person who prefers to eat little and often – I find it keeps me more satisfied than three meals a day (especially during the week when I’m sitting at a desk all day).
My favourite snacks include:
- Fruit – mainly apples, pears and bananas because they’re so easy to transport. But I’m happy with any fruit to be honest.
- Vegetables – carrot sticks, cucumber sticks, sugar snap peas. Even better, is veggie sticks with hummus.
- Oat cakes and rice cakes – I tend to keep these in my desk draw for when snack attacks come on.
- Nuts and seeds – I could probably eat nuts every day if I let myself. Brazil nuts are my favourite, but I also love pecans and almonds.
- Coffee – I’m really trying to limit my coffee intake at the moment, but some days I just need that cappuccino!
- Chocolate – at the end of the day, the only thing that can satisfy a chocolate craving is chocolate itself. I definitely eat a lot less than I used to, but I still have some at least a couple of times a week.
- Bars – did I mention I’m obsessed with bars? Check out the huge stash I have in my room:
It’s an addiction I tell you! In here I’ve got:
- Clif Bars
- Luna Bars
- Z bars
- Trek bars
- Nakd bars
The Clif, Luna and Z bars (and the PB) were sent to me by a lovely blogger called Megan as part of a bar swap we did. Then of course the nakd and trek bars were kindly sent to me by Natural Balance Foods last week. So that’s the reason I have so many! When I see bars on special offer and/or I find ones that aren’t sold in many places (like larabars), I tend to stock up. I’ll slowly be making my way through these over the next few months! As a side note, I’m absolutely dying to try some Kashi bars if anyone fancies sending some my way (you can’t get them in the UK). Hey, it’s worth a shot, right?!
What are your favourite snacks? Are you a big snacker or do you prefer to have three big meals a day?