I love seeing what groceries other people buy, I find it really interesting! So I thought I’d give you all a peek into my fridge to see the kinds of foods I tend to buy every week, and what I use them for.
I live at home with my parents at the moment, but I give them food and rent money, which means I get a say as to what we buy. Some weeks my mum does the shopping, and other weeks I do. These pictures were taken on Saturday, just after we’d been to the store. This food typically lasts until about Thursday, although we pick things up during the week if we run out. On Fridays, it’s usually a case of using up what’s left and raiding the cupboards to be able to make a decent meal!
- Strawberry and banana smoothie – as an on-the-go snack or to take into work
- Natural yoghurt – for smoothies, with fruit and with cereal
- Skimmed milk – I take this into work during the week to have with cereal
- Cottage Cheese – for salads, on baked sweet potatoes
- Activia yoghurts – These are my dad’s. I used to love them, but I’m trying to eat less of them because they’re full of artificial sweeteners
- Falafel – in salads, in pitta, with hummus
- Hummus – in sandwiches, to dip veggie sticks in, with pitta bread. I love hummus!
- Berries – strawberries, raspberries and blueberries this week. Berries are in season over here at the moment, so we’ve got more than usual. To use on cereal, in fruit salad, with yoghurt, in salads, or just own their own
- Apricots and grapes – to use in salads, with cereal, with yoghurt, or on their own. I could eat fruit all day long (in fact, I do more often than not!)
- Chicken – we used this for a roast dinner on Sunday. We don’t have roasts every week, but there’s usually some sort of meat in the fridge (more for my parents than me)
- Spinach – In sandwiches, in salads, in Green Monsters!
- Apples – I eat at least an apple a day. They make such great transportable snacks
- Cherry tomatoes – in salads, on their own as a snack
- Vegetables – I try to eat at least two different veg with my evening meals. This week we’ve got asparagus, green beans and broccoli. There’s also some baby corn hiding under there somewhere!
Let me know if any of you found this interesting. If you did, I’ll do a ‘what’s in my cupboards’ post as well.
In other news…I made a green smoothie and brought it into work for breakfast this morning. I’ll let you know later how well it survived the journey!
What’s in your fridge? What foods do you tend to buy every week?